Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Kendra G tells teenage girls: Abstinence Is Kool



Kendra G. is now on 100.3 The Beat in Philly and having this personal role she wants to help young teenage girls. she’s charged her young female listeners to not have sex for an entire school year. The kicker? Kendra G. won’t have sex either.

Its called “Abstinence Is Kool,”

“I give all the credit to God for putting this idea in my heart,” Kendra says. “I knew the type of commitment it would take on my end and the criticism that always comes when you’re trying to make a big difference. So I thought and prayed on it, and decided this is what I’m supposed to do.”


To join the Kendra G. Klub, interested teens must pledge to stay abstinent for the whole school year and send a YouTube video confirming their pledge. Kendra plans to meet with participants for the first time this week and to stay in touch with them throughout the year.

“Obviously, I want them to all wait until they’re married. But in order to get the idea out there I want to do it for the school year, because it’ll give my pledges an understanding of how in-control they can be,” Kendra says. “The goal is to get these girls to understand that they’re in charge of their bodies.”


About 25 girls have taken Kendra’s pledge so far

No comments: