Wednesday, December 31, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEARS




I sit here and write this not on the eve of a New Year but on the 2nd of
December in hopes of a new year and a new attitude. 2008 gave its share
of laughs, fears, hopes and realizations. We elected the first black
President and have shown that hope is more than a four letter word.
As
the year closes I want us all to be thankful for our family, friends
(some who are more family than the latter), jobs, significant others.
As we all take this time to talk to family and friends especially
regarding the mistakes we think we have made, they are not mistakes yet
a reminder of the way we should do things differently in 2009.
Reflection is the best way to strive for a better tomorrow as well as
not make the same difficult decisions in the future.

I want to thank all the readers that have sent me emails, posted
comments and the ones who aren’t so supportive also. I would like to
thank all that have touched and affected me in more ways than one in
2008. My family, friends and significant others that have shown me
whether good or bad we all need each other in some kind of way. For the
ones who no longer have communication with others, if they are heavy on
your hearts, then reach out and say ‘Have a Blessed Year.’ And for
those who don’t want to reach out say a silent prayer. I hope
everyone’s goals and resolutions are achieved in the New Year.

I have been blessed especially with my friends and family, I would like
to take out this time to especially thank Krissy, Kia, Big Chas, Tracy, Chris, Kim (uber stylist!), In Chi City family (especially Errol and Joi for giving a sister an opportunity), mom and the entire Middleton/ Brown family!




Be safe and be blessed

2 comments:

ArCHRIStotle said...

Beautiful post!

Happy New Year!!

2009 is going to be an exciting year!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you!

I just got Syleena Johnson's new album Chapter 4: Labor Pains from itunes and its off the chain! Support R&B's Best Kept Secret and cop that album!