Thursday, February 14, 2008

NIU Tragedy--- 6 dead in college shooting

If you haven’t heard there was a shooting that took place this afternoon at Northern Illinois University in DeKalb. I was notified at work about the shootings and immediately thought of a close friend in her last year at NIU. I called her and she is fine, she was next door to the shooting in the auditorium. But 6 others including the gunman are dead.

In December there was a threat and reference to the Virginia Tech shootings as well as racial slurs written on the bathroom walls. This threat shut down the school. My friend also told me after that December incident that there have been a lot of threats and tensions on the campus.

My thoughts and prayers are with family, friends of the deceased as well as the victims and students who will have to live with this tragedy forever.

No comments: